About Our School
The 2112 School of Musical Arts currently offers private lessons, clinics, and workshops for all styles of music and all ages on drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and vocals. We are located in the 2112 Percussion building at 1003 East Whitaker Mill Rd. in Raleigh. Our location is right off Capital Blvd just outside downtown Raleigh, minutes from the Five Points/Glenwood Avenue area and is easy to find from Wake Forest Road when traveling from Raleigh, Cary, Apex or Garner locations via I-440.
All of our instructors are working professionals in the music industry and come from diverse performance and educational backgrounds. We carefully screen all potential instructors to ensure that only those truly committed to teaching are accepted. This ensures our students will not experience the frustration of having a different teacher every few months. Our staff can provide quality instruction for any need you may have, whether you are playing simply for enjoyment and stress relief, performing in a band of any kind, prepping for a college music program, recommitting to the study of an instrument as an adult, or just simply looking to pick up a few new musical ideas.
At 2112 School Of Musical Arts we understand that students have different learning styles. As such, our staff is equipped to work with auditory learners, those who learn through listening, visual learners, those who learn through seeing and kinesthetic learners, those who learn through moving, doing and touching. We offer personalized lessons instead of a fixed one-size-fits-all curriculum. This assures that each student is allowed to pursue their main musical interest, while developing the skills needed to succeed if their musical interests change later.
At 2112 School Of Musical Arts, we set ourselves apart from other music schools in many ways, including, but not limited to...
- Our enrollment process and policies are very simple we have NO ENROLLMENT FEES! Our payment schedule is on a month-to-month basis, not semester based and no long-term contracts.
- We offer personalized lesson plans instead of a fixed one-size-fits-all curriculum. This assures that each student is allowed to pursue their main musical interest, while developing the skills needed to succeed if their musical interests change later. With this approach our students remain excited about playing and keeps our drop out rates very low.
- Our entire staff is very proud to stress the importance of teaching all of our students to read and write music, where applicable, for the instrument of their choice. With this, our students will be prepared for future professional opportunities that require this skill.
- We are very proud of our low teacher turn over rate. We carefully screen all potential instructors to ensure that only those truly committed to teaching are accepted.
- We offer a positive, inspiring and growth oriented environment for our students. Our goal is to inspire our students to enjoy making music now, and for a lifetime.
- Conveniently located in Raleigh to serve the music instruction needs of students in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Wake County and the surrounding areas.